Leavenworth County Fair: Day 5
• 8:30-9:30 a.m.
4-H horticulture judging contest, (home economics building) closed to the public.
• 10 a.m.
4-H/FFA shepherd’s lead contest (big top tent)
• 10 a.m.-noon
4-H dog show agility classes (show arena)
• 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Turtle races registration (big top tent). Limit one turtle per child.
Pie-eating contest (big top tent), open to public.
• 1 p.m.
Turtle races (big top tent) and kids tractor pull registration (show arena).
• 2 p.m.
Kids pedal tractor pull (show arena), sponsored by Farm Bureau.
• 6:30 p.m.
Youth dance (show arena), sponsored by Wranglers 4-H Club to benefit the Memorial Garden.
• 6:30 p.m.
Demolition derby (grandstand). Admission: Adults, $10; children 6-12, $5; children younger than 6, free.
More like this story
- Kansas City International Airport expansion plan gets new look from architects
- Basehor man, great-grandson of Eisenhower, named Kansas' newest aviation director
- Old Mid-Continent Airport terminal auction yields $83,000
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- GOP senators vent frustrations at Brownback, but veto override unlikely