Commissioners vote 2-1 to reduce mill increase
After taking a large bite out of the 2010 budget and still ending up with a proposed 1 mill increase, it appears as though the commissioners will be taking a bite out of that as well.
This morning the Leavenworth County Commissioners voted 2-1 to cut the proposed mill increase in half after their budget hearing. Commissioner John Flower was the dissenting vote.
The one mill increase was proposed to pay for a new EMS headquarters.
For more on this story, pick up a copy this week's print edition.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas proposed juvenile justice changes would incarcerate fewer youths; some counties express concern
- 'Cinderella' to be staged this month at Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- 'Cinderella' to be staged later this month