River flood warning for Stranger Creek in effect until Thursday morning
The National Weather Service has issued a river flood warning that is to continue until Thursday morning for Stranger Creek near Tonganoxie.
At 3:30 p.m. Monday, the creek’s stage was 20.7 feet; flood stage is 23 feet.
Minor flooding is forecast, with the river expected to rise above flood stage later today and rise to near 24 feet this evening. The river is expected to fall below flood stage by late Wednesday morning.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County in flash flood warning
- River flood warning issued for Stranger Creek near Tonganoxie
- Flooding forces road closures near Easton; flood, river warnings still in effect
- Flooding forecasted for Leavenworth County
- Tornado watch, flood watch and river flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County