Early enrollment numbers show nearly 90 more students in Tonganoxie School District
Preliminary enrollment numbers are out for the Tonganoxie School District and once again enrollment is up.
The district is reporting it has 1,919 students, which is a 4.8 percent increase from 2008-09. There are 88 more students enrolled this year than the previous year.
Since the 2005-06 school year, enrollment has climbed every year. The 4.8 percent jump is the largest from the previous year in that time span. From 2005-06 to 2006-07, enrollment increased by 4.6 percent. Between 2006-07 and 2007-08, it moved upward by just 0.8 percent, but increased 2.8 percent between 2007-08 and 2008-09.
In that time span enrollment overall has increased by 231 students.
At Tonganoxie Elementary School, there are 694 students; Tonganoxie Middle School, 611; and Tonganoxie High School, 614. All three are increases from the previous school year.
Official enrollment numbers will be released after Sept. 20. That's the annual date when school districts submit enrollment numbers as of that date to the state to determine how much funding districts will receive per student.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- A closer look at Leavenworth County Humane Society
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas ranks low in providing summer meals to children
- United Way of Leavenworth County embarks on 2016 campaign