Linwood Lions Club BBQ to feature mobile screening bus for free exams
People attending the annual Linwood Lions Club Barbecue likely won’t go away hungry.
The event, slated for 3-7 p.m. Saturday at the Linwood Community Building, will have barbecued beef, pork and chicken, with beans and cole slaw served on the side.
But people also can utilize the Kansas Lions Mobile Screening Bus, which will be pulling into Linwood for the event. Free vision and hearing assessments, as well as free screenings for glaucoma, diabetes and high blood pressure, will be administered.
Organizer Gary Bennett said Tonganoxie optometrist Richard Dean would be giving the free eye exams.
In addition to the barbecue and free exams, a raffle will be held for various prizes, and the Linwood Public Library Book Sale will also take place during the event.
Ticket prices for the meal are $10 in advance or $12 at the door. Tickets may be purchased in advance at the Linwood Library, 302 Main St. in Linwood.
More like this story
- McLouth High to crown winter royalty Friday; students to have Electro Glow Show dance
- Monday morning sports roundup: THS wrestlers second at Baldwin; basketball splits games; MHS does well at home invite
- Tonganoxie High schedule of events for state track
- McLouth High boys basketball advances to 3A substate semifinals
- Young Royals fan who fought cancer has died