Everyone is invited to Carnival in the Park, sponsored by the Worship Committee of McLouth United Methodist Church from 6:30–8:30 p.m. Friday at the Threshing Bee grounds. Enjoy hot dogs, games and prizes. Lots of fun for all ages. No admission fee.
• A Texas Hold ’em tournament will start at 7 p.m. Friday at the McLouth Threshing Bee Grounds. This is a fundraiser sponsored by the Voices for Peyton Team for Autism Speaks, which is dedicated to find a cure and build awareness for autism. The team plans to participate in Walk Now for Autism, which will take place in October at Kansas Speedway. For more information, contact Angie Cammack at (913) 796-0106.
• Join in an old-fashioned revival at 7 p.m. Saturday at the McLouth United Methodist Church. There will be a guest revival speaker and an evening of singing and worship. Everyone is welcome.
• Rehearsals for the University of Saint Mary Community Band begin at 6 p.m. Monday at the Walnut Room, second floor of Mead Hall on the USM campus, 4100 S. Fourth St. in Leavenworth. This volunteer ensemble community band is made up of USM students, faculty and staff, as well as selected home-schooled students and students from area high schools and amateur and professional musicians from the surrounding communities. The band will perform Halloween and Christmas concerts. Participation in the band is free and no auditions are required. Weekly Monday evening rehearsals begin Monday, but latecomers are still welcome and are encouraged to join rehearsals on any Monday in September. Area string players who are interested in performing with university ensembles are also invited to contact the university. For more information, contact Freda Proctor, assistant professor of music and USM’s instrumental music coordinator: (913) 758-6320.
• McLouth Public Library’s book discussion group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
• KC Wolf, mascot of the Kansas City Chiefs, is coming to McLouth. He will be Community Oriented Reverence and Evangelism guest speaker at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 26 at the McLouth High School Auditorium. CORE is a Christian contemporary ministry designed for young Christians in high school, as well as other young adults. All ages are invited to hear KC Wolf’s testimony, enjoy the live praise and worship band, special speakers, fellowship, refreshments and fun.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy a email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie educator Nichole Gurwell
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Tonganoxie High grad still playing ball
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it