One person killed, another injured in accident on Kansas Turnpike
A 46-year-old Topeka man was killed and a 33-year-old Vassar man was injured after a rollover accident on the Kansas Turnpike at mile marker 211, two miles east of the Lawrence Service Area.
Kansas Highway Patrol dispatchers said a truck was traveling westbound, toward Lawrence, when it rolled over. The men were transported to Kansas University Hospital, where Donald Price was pronounced dead. According to the Kansas Turnpike Authority, Price was driving the 2008 Freightliner. He was wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident.
A condition report was not available Friday night for Robert Smiley, the passenger.
Crews were dispatched to the accident at 4:48 p.m. Dispatchers said traffic moved slowly through the area Friday afternoon while Kansas Highway Patrol troopers and units from Reno Township Fire Department worked to clear the scene.
More like this story
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Wichita School District to use bus drivers as custodians
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax
- Kansas lawmakers to resume talks over proposed tax increases
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues