Winter storm warning issued for area
Area counties are among 61 across the state in a winter storm warning.
Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Douglas and Jefferson counties are among those in a winter storm warning. The National Weather Service has issued the warning effective at midnight tonight through 6 a.m. Wednesday.
The storm has the potential to bring snowfall of 8 inches to in excess of a foot of snow.
Snow is expected to develop across northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri spreading to the east Tuesday morning.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed