McLouth girls win by 10
The McLouth High girls basketball team picked up its second victory of the season Saturday at the Delaware Valley League Tournament in Oskaloosa.
The Bulldogs beat Immaculata, 53-43.
Senior MHS guard Missy Rome led the team with 25 points, shooting 8-for-18 from the floor, and passed out six assists to go with four steals.
Sophomore Morgan Drinnon, who scored 11, was the only other player in double figures for McLouth (2-2).
Senior Kylie Shufflebarger scored nine points and blocked three shots. Senior forward Cassidy Bristol scored three points but had a big night on the glass, snagging 14 rebounds — five on the offensive end.
MHS coach Bob Good said the team could use some more production inside.
“Right now we need to improve our scoring in the paint,” he said. “The girls are giving a great effort and this was a good win for us.”
Next up, McLouth plays Jackson Heights in the fifth-place game of the DVL tournament, at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at Oskaloosa.
More like this story
- Former Senate candidate: Board has ended probe of Facebook posts
- Ex-candidate Wolf confronts Kansas Sen. Moran at town hall
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Kansas Chamber: Governor's order sufficient on gay marriage
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce president Steve Christensen