McLouth girls win by 10
The McLouth High girls basketball team picked up its second victory of the season Saturday at the Delaware Valley League Tournament in Oskaloosa.
The Bulldogs beat Immaculata, 53-43.
Senior MHS guard Missy Rome led the team with 25 points, shooting 8-for-18 from the floor, and passed out six assists to go with four steals.
Sophomore Morgan Drinnon, who scored 11, was the only other player in double figures for McLouth (2-2).
Senior Kylie Shufflebarger scored nine points and blocked three shots. Senior forward Cassidy Bristol scored three points but had a big night on the glass, snagging 14 rebounds — five on the offensive end.
MHS coach Bob Good said the team could use some more production inside.
“Right now we need to improve our scoring in the paint,” he said. “The girls are giving a great effort and this was a good win for us.”
Next up, McLouth plays Jackson Heights in the fifth-place game of the DVL tournament, at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at Oskaloosa.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High to stage 'Twelve Angry Jurors' for final night tonight
- Tonganoxie Public Library picks winning name for humongous teddy bear
- Former Senate candidate: Board has ended probe of Facebook posts
- Ex-candidate Wolf confronts Kansas Sen. Moran at town hall
- Boatwright gives keynote speech at Tonganoxie Chamber event