MHS girls lose in DVL tourney
The McLouth High girls basketball team fell to Jackson Heights in the Delaware Valley League Tournament on Saturday.
The Bulldogs lost, 41-35, to finish sixth in the KVL tourney.
Coach Bob Good said McLouth (2-3) shot just 28 percent from the floor, going 14-for-50.
Another problem was the team’s inability to get to the free-throw line on a consistent basis. While JHHS shot 13-for-24 from the line, McLouth got just four attempts, converting three.
Senior guard Missy Rome led the Bulldogs with 19 points. Kylie Shufflebarger had nine and Morgan Drinnon scored four.
MHS is off until Jan. 5, when the team plays host to Maranatha Academy.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council OKs proposed 2016 budget
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13