MHS girls lose in DVL tourney
The McLouth High girls basketball team fell to Jackson Heights in the Delaware Valley League Tournament on Saturday.
The Bulldogs lost, 41-35, to finish sixth in the KVL tourney.
Coach Bob Good said McLouth (2-3) shot just 28 percent from the floor, going 14-for-50.
Another problem was the team’s inability to get to the free-throw line on a consistent basis. While JHHS shot 13-for-24 from the line, McLouth got just four attempts, converting three.
Senior guard Missy Rome led the Bulldogs with 19 points. Kylie Shufflebarger had nine and Morgan Drinnon scored four.
MHS is off until Jan. 5, when the team plays host to Maranatha Academy.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Insurance companies say 2014 exchange members older, sicker
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities