Afternoon blaze damages vacant Basehor home
Fire crews were called to the scene of a structure fire Monday afternoon in a vacant home in the northwest edge of Basehor.
Tony Turner, Fairmount Township assistant fire chief said a maintenance person was working on the home's furnace when a small gas lineblew up. The fire spread up through the walls and into the top floor of the home.
Turner said the home sustained fire damage and wide-spread smoke and water damage. No one was injured.
Fairmount Township and Stranger Township crews remained on scene for several hours after the initial call.
Turner said the damage was estimated at $100,000
More like this story
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Tonganoxie City Council primary election voter's guide
- Kansas poised to be a leader in emerging field of drones
- Rural recycling currently possible through Leavenworth County bins in Tonganoxie
- Kansas university finds creative way to test drones outside