Linwood teen arrested after cutting stepfather with knife
A Linwood teen was taken to the Leavenworth County Juvenile Detention Center Dec. 16 after allegedly attacking her stepfather with a knife according to a Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office report.
Sometime after 8:30 p.m. Dec. 16, Leavenworth County deputies arrived at a home in the 400 block of Main Street in Linwood.
The report states that the 40-year-old stepfather tried to stop his teen stepdaughter from leaving the home by blocking the door. The teen started to swing a kitchen knife and struck the man, causing a minor cut to his finger.
The report also states that the teen had thrown items around the kitchen during the disturbance and had caused damage to her bedroom.
The teen was arrested for aggravated battery and disorderly conduct.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- Tonganoxie City Council reflects on outgoing members' service
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board reflects on political climate in Topeka
- Facebook and the election