Turnpike interchange to open at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday
Leavenworth County's first Kansas Turnpike interchange will open at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. The Tonganoxie/Eudora interchange is roughly 3 miles south of Tonganoxie.
Kansas Turnpike Authority officials plan an event signaling the opening of the interchange at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Tonganoxie Middle School, 824 Washington St.
KTA board of directors chairman Mary Turkington, as well as Leavenworth County Commission chairman John Flower will speak at the event. Refreshments will be served.
The interchange is the first of its kind in Kansas, as it will be automated and will have self-pay machines similar to those found in large retail or grocery stores.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie citywide garage sales, Leavenworth County cleanup events Saturday
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- Tonganoxie United Methodist Women chili and soup supper is Friday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby