McLouth girls, boys have rough week
The McLouth High girls basketball team went 1-2 and finished fourth at the Jefferson County North tournament this past week.
The Bulldogs (6-6) won their opening-round game, 39-28, against Atchison, but dropped its next two, losing to host JCN, 53-27, on Friday and Bishop Ward, 51-42, in the third-place game Saturday.
Junior MHS guard Missy Rome scored 20 in the loss to Ward and finished with 12 against JCN. Rome led McLouth with 18 points in the victory against Atchison. Morgan Drinnon scored 13 points in the win and Cassidy Bristol had a team-high 10 rebounds.
McLouth’s boys team lost its only contest this past week, a 60-36 home defeat against Kansas City East Christian Academy.
Gavin Swearngin led McLouth (1-11) with 12 points. Senior forward Derrick Crouse scored 11 and junior point guard Cole Batman finished with nine.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises