Tonganoxie girls stuggle at BLHS
Basehor The Tonganoxie High girls basketball team got plenty of looks, but few baskets, and fell, 51-36, at Basehor-Linwood on Tuesday.
The Chieftains struggled to find points in the first half, scoring six in the first quarter and eight in the second.
“We gave ourselves plenty of opportunities,” coach Randy Kraft said.
By the time they got a little offense going in the second half, the closest they could cut the deficit to was five, which happened when sophomore forward Danielle Miller hit two straight jumpers late in the third quarter.
Senior forward Roni Grizzle led THS (9-4) with 14 points. Senior point guard Chrissie Jeannin had nine.
Tonganoxie travels Friday to play Perry-Lecompton, a team THS beat, 55-24, in early January.
Score by quarters
Tonganoxie 6 8 12 10 — 36
Basehor-Linwood 13 8 13 17 — 51
Chrissie Jeannin 9, Haley Smith 2, Lauren Hall 3, Roni Grizzle 14, Abby Eisman 4, Danielle Miller 4
More like this story
- Kansas project to focus on lesser known historical figures
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society wins state technology award
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area