John and Cara Moses ate dinner Jan. 22 in Platte City, Mo., at a Mexican restaurant.
Sisters Evelyn Schwinn and Sharon Lynn enjoyed lunch together Jan. 22 at Applebee’s in Leavenworth and then went shopping.
Herbert and Genevieve Schwinn, Myron and Jody Schwinn, Evelyn and Danny, Larry Schwinn, Robert and Miriam Seute, all cousins of Ester Schwinn, attended her funeral Jan. 23 at the United Methodist Church in McLouth with Rev. Morgan Smith officiating.
Johnny Schwinn turned 50 on Jan. 26.
On Jan. 24, his family had a surprise party at Ten Penny Restaurant in Leavenworth.
More than 100 relatives and friends came to congratulate him. When the 50 candles were lit, it was spectacular.
Amber Gillaspie, daughter of Greg and Marie Gillaspie, had a birthday party. Amber turned 4 and the event was held Jan. 25 at the Carousel Museum in Leavenworth.
Grandparents, aunts and uncles, as well as cousins, came to the party. All of the little ones really enjoyed riding the carousel.
More like this story
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts
- O'Brien: Broken funding formula and necessary corrections
- Kansas House passes budget requiring higher taxes to balance