Chieftains split duals at Bonner Springs
Bonner Springs The Tonganoxie High wrestling team split a pair of duals at Bonner Springs on Thursday night.
Following a 46-24 victory against the host Braves, the Chieftains dropped a dual to Lansing, 52-24.
Seven Tonganoxie grapplers won their bouts against Bonner Springs, and six of the victories came by pinfall.
Junior Jeremie Maus (171) won by an 11-3 decision while Caleb Himpel (119), Jon Harris (135), Matt Brock (140), Jeremy Elliott (160), Steve Davis (189) and Austen Holloway (215) all scored victories with pins.
The team had a more difficult time against a talented Lions roster that has finished ahead of THS at a few tournaments this year.
Just four Chieftains recorded victories but all came by pinfall. Himpel and Brock went 2-0 on the night and, after losing their matches against BSHS, Justin Crotty (125) and Kevin Hamm (145) picked up wins against Lansing.
THS is now 8-5 in duals this season with one more, at Perry-Lecompton on Feb. 12, left on the schedule.
For more on the Tonganoxie wrestlers, pick up the Feb. 11 print edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High grad Ben Johnson wins Missouri Valley Conference decathlon title for Wichita State
- Almost a perfect 10 for Tonganoxie High track alum
- Tonganoxie High athlete signs to compete in track at Tabor for former THS coach
- Tonganoxie's Johnson headed to Arkansas State for track and field
- Baker bound for THS cross country and track alum