Chieftain girls handle Braves
After a four-game road swing that lasted two weeks the Tonganoxie High girls basketball team returned home Tuesday night and picked up a 55-39 victory over Bonner Springs.
Powered by 19 points from senior forward Roni Grizzle and 15 from senior point guard Chrissie Jeannin, the Chieftains (11-4) led the entire ball game.
Junior Andie Jeannin hit a pair of threes and scored eight points. Lauren Hall hit Tonganoxie’s only other three-pointer.
Chrissie Jeannin grabbed seven boards for THS and although Danielle Miller was held scoreless, she passed out four assists.
Four of Tonganoxie’s final five regular-season contests will be at home, including Friday’s game with Santa Fe Trail at 6 p.m.
Score by quarters
Bonner Springs 8 11 11 9 — 39
Tonganoxie 11 15 16 13 — 55
Andie Jeannin 2-6 2-2 8, Roni Grizzle 6-13 7-9 19, Danielle Miller 0-3 0-0 0, Chrissie Jeannin 6-12 3-4 15, Haley Smith 2-3 0-1 4, Lauren Hall 2-2 0-0 5.
More like this story
- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition