Firefighters respond to morning fire
The Tonganoxie Township Fire Department and area fire departments responded to a house fire around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 17400 block of 258th Street.
Tim Smith, the department’s chief, said the electrical fire began in the garage before spreading to the home. He said the smoke detectors in the home woke up both occupants in time for them to get out and call for help.
Smith reports that the garage was completely destroyed and about 20 percent of the house was damaged. There were no injuries reported. The exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Attorney advocates for awareness following deaths of 3 infants who shared beds with parents
- Local volunteers needed Saturday at Leavenworth County State Fishing Lake for cleanup efforts
- Wineries, craft breweries experience growth in Kansas
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Kansas City Connection: Group golf and a great escape