Letter to the editor: Event viewed as slaughter
To the editor:
Someone please tell me what the slaughter of squirrels adds to the life of our community.
This “Squirrel Scramble” is hideous and barbaric. At some point in time, maybe some people needed to shoot and eat squirrels to survive. That time has passed.
Certainly a contest that encourages people (including youth) to slaughter the 10 heaviest squirrels has no good purpose. You can bet I won’t ever patronize Adam’s Feed Store or join the local VFW (though I am a life member of another chapter) as long as this depravity represents their way of doing business.
Crystal Swann Blackdeer,
More like this story
- Letter to the editor: Squirrel Scramble not way to introduce youth to nature
- Letter to the editor: Shooting animals without purpose is wasteful
- Address from THS valedictorian Haley Field
- Local students thank survivor of Holocaust
- Letters to the editor: Vandalism: Take a bold stand; No more small town values?