John and Cara Moses ate dinner Jan. 22 in Platte City, Mo., at a Mexican restaurant.
Sisters Evelyn Schwinn and Sharon Lynn enjoyed lunch together Jan. 22 at Applebee’s in Leavenworth and then went shopping.
Herbert and Genevieve Schwinn, Myron and Jody Schwinn, Evelyn and Danny, Larry Schwinn, Robert and Miriam Seute, all cousins of Ester Schwinn, attended her funeral Jan. 23 at the United Methodist Church in McLouth with Rev. Morgan Smith officiating.
Johnny Schwinn turned 50 on Jan. 26. On Jan. 24, his family had a surprise party at Ten Penny Restaurant in Leavenworth.
More than 100 relatives and friends came to congratulate him. When the 50 candles were lit, it was spectacular.
Amber Gillaspie, daughter of Greg and Marie Gillaspie, had a birthday party. Amber turned 4 and the event was held Jan. 25 at the Carousel Museum in Leavenworth.
Grandparents, aunts and uncles, as well as cousins, came to the party. All of the little ones really enjoyed riding the carousel.
More like this story
- Gala in Tonganoxie, parade in Leavenworth highlight Veterans Day celebrations
- Painting the town red, white and blue
- Desert Storm veterans to be honored Friday at Leavenworth County Veterans Day Parade
- Tonganoxie cross country boys take 1st, girls 2nd at Pleasant Ridge
- Pleasant day for a run for Tonganoxie cross country team