Thank you to all who supported the "Our Community Cares" project in January. We packed five boxes to ship to our troops serving overseas. A special “Thank You” to the Nazarene Church for providing postage for all the boxes.
• The 2009 Petticoat Council & Friends will play host to a President's Day tea Sunday afternoon at a lovely McLouth home. All of the proceeds will go to the Jefferson County Historical Society, and this year Modern Woodmen of America will make a matching donation of up to $2,500. The goal is to raise enough money to construct a lighted and landscaped seating area near the John Steuart Curry Boyhood Home at Old Jefferson Town in Oskaloosa. A $15 minimum donation per person is requested. Call now to reserve a spot for yourself and your guests. If you are unable to attend, donations also are gratefully accepted. For more information and to make reservations, please call: Candace Braksick at (913) 796-6924 or Margaret Dick at (785) 597-2101.
• McLouth United Methodist Church invites everyone to their Chili and Soup Supper from 5-6:30 p.m. Saturday. A free will offering will be taken.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Tonganoxie High girls track 2nd, boys 4th at Bobcat Relays
- Regionals start today, tomorrow for Tonganoxie, McLouth teams
- Basehor-Linwood ends Tonganoxie boys basketball season
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state