New Tonganoxie post office set for completion this summer
A new post office will be built in Tonganoxie.
Postmaster Ron Hubbard said Wednesday the new post office is expected to be finished this summer.
“It’s gonna go ahead and go,” Hubbard said.
The new post office, which Hubbard said would either be 4,000 or 5,000 square feet, will be built north of U.S. Highway 24-40 at the southeast corner of Laming Road and Woodfield Drive.
The project had been in limbo for some time, as plans at one point were delayed because of a moratorium on any new postal service construction. Plans to move from the downtown area, where the current post office stands, also faced opposition from city leaders.
For more on this story, see the Feb. 25 print edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- City approves slight mill jump; USD 464 proposal slightly down
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining