Booster club cook-off Friday
The Tonganoxie Booster Club is sponsoring a chili, soup and crockpot cook-off Friday at the Chieftain Room in Tonganoxie High School’s east campus.
For $5 each, people can enjoy all they want of selections from cooks in the community. This year's event is similar to last year's but won't be limited to just chili.
To sign up as a competitor, contact Curt Oroke at (913) 927-9943.
Proceeds from this event and other Booster Club fundraisers help fund activities such as providing two $500 scholarships at graduation, assisting teams with end-of-season banquets, assisting student-athletes with expenses to all-star and state competition, and providing volunteers to work at home events and tournaments.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck