Booster club cook-off Friday
The Tonganoxie Booster Club is sponsoring a chili, soup and crockpot cook-off Friday at the Chieftain Room in Tonganoxie High School’s east campus.
For $5 each, people can enjoy all they want of selections from cooks in the community. This year's event is similar to last year's but won't be limited to just chili.
To sign up as a competitor, contact Curt Oroke at (913) 927-9943.
Proceeds from this event and other Booster Club fundraisers help fund activities such as providing two $500 scholarships at graduation, assisting teams with end-of-season banquets, assisting student-athletes with expenses to all-star and state competition, and providing volunteers to work at home events and tournaments.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie tough at Butch Foster Memorial Baseball Classic, reaches title game for first time in school history
- McLouth baseball sweeps Nebraska team in opening doubleheader
- Chemistry key for Tonganoxie High softball in early going
- Much love for Hutch with Tonganoxie High volleyball signing
- Chieftain softball lands 2 Tonganoxie players on Lawrence Journal-World All-Area Team