Diocesan consultant to speak against FOCA on Monday
An informational session regarding opposition to the proposed federal Freedom of Choice Act is scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday at West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie.
Speaker at the meeting will be Ron Kelsey, pro-life consultant for the Kansas City, Kan., Archdiocese. He has been involved in pro-life ministry in various ways through the years and has served the Archdiocesan Pro-Life Office for eight years. His wife, Donna, is director of Wyandotte Pregnancy Clinic.
FOCA is a proposed national law that would increase abortion rights.
The session will include information, a question-and-answer session, informational booths and practical steps that can be taken in an effort to defeat the bill.
West Haven Baptist Church is at 1000 West St. in Tonganoxie.
Tonganoxie Christian Church and Sacred Heart Catholic Church also are sponsoring the event.
For more information, call (913) 845-2730.
More like this story
- Knights of Columbus free-throw contest is this weekend
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- ‘Marijuana refugees’: Kansas family hopes to move to Colorado to save daughter
- New LMH oncologist joins hospital with background in research, goals for patient care