KCKCC concert will feature Tonganoxie High singers
Students from Tonganoxie High School and Sumner Academy of Arts and Sciences will join the Kansas City Kansas Community College Concert Choir in a High School Invitational Master Works Concert on Sunday at St. Patrick’s Church.
A performance of John Rutter’s famous “Requiem” with orchestra will highlight the concert, which will start at 3 p.m. at St. Patrick’s, at 94th Street and State Avenue in Kansas City, Kan. There is no charge, but donations will be accepted.
KCKCC vocal music director Dale Shetler will direct the choir and will be joined by Sumner Academy director Becky Thomas and Tom Gifford of Tonganoxie.
In addition to “Requiem,” the Chamber Choir will perform Viadana’s “Excultate Justi” and “But Beautiful,” while the Jazz Choir will perform “April in Paris,” featuring soloist Laura Bhone and “How High the Moon,” featuring Rachael Moss.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Lindsay Eccles
- Tonganoxie St. Patrick's Day Parade to have different start time this year
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie reading specialist Janet Falk
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns