The Boling 4-H Club held its regular monthly meeting Feb. 9.
Audrey Sinclair and Ainsley Carpenter led the pledges then Catie Larson led in singing “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.” There were 24 members present.
After the minutes were read, members heard reports from the officers. Lauren Willson had everyone split into two teams to compete in a relay race.
Ethan Johnson, Taylor Kraft and Nettie Larson rehearsed a mock club seal ceremony. Karisa Garber made a motion to have the club participate in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Tonganoxie.
Chase LaRue gave a talk about how to make beef jerky, Chelsie LaRue gave a talk about dried fruit and Madison Ernzen and Lauren Willson each gave talks about sewing. The Cloverbuds talked about what they learned about safety and showed the phones and houses they made.
Everyone sang Happy Birthday to Chase LaRue and Tannim Segrist. The meeting then was adjourned.
— Sadie Jane Johnson, Boling 4-H reporter.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt