Mark and Kati Aufdemberge, Emma and Charlie were hosts Saturday at their home for a celebration for Bid Sheppard’s 97th birthday.
There were 18 relatives there to help her celebrate. Her birthday was Monday.
Sarabeth Rathbun of Overland Park and her daughter, Tina Arnall of Monett, Mo., took Sheppard to church Sunday at Jarbalo and then took her to The Legends shopping area for a fried chicken dinner.
On Sunday, Joyce Simmons and her friend, Mary of Seymour, Mo., visited Sheppard.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Suspect identified in case involving threatening message at Tonganoxie Elementary School