McLouth sub-state opponents announced
When the Class 3A high school basketball postseason begins next week, the McLouth High girls will be at home and the Bulldog boys will hit the road.
The MHS girls (9-10), who received the No. 4 seed in their sub-state bracket, will play host to No. 5 Silver Lake (8-11) on Monday night at 7 p.m.
The MHS boys (2-17) are the No. 8 seed in their tournament and have to travel to play No. 1 seed K.C. Christian on Tuesday at 7 p.m. The Bulldogs played at KCC two weeks ago and lost, 72-40.
Should either MHS team win and advance to a sub-state semifinal, the games would be played later in the week at Silver Lake.
With a win on Monday, the McLouth girls would advance to face either No. 1 seed Rock Creek (17-1) or No. 8 seed Mission Valley (6-14) on Thursday at SLHS.
With an upset win on Tuesday, the MHS boys would take on the winner of No. 4 Oskaloosa (11-9) and Silver Lake (10-9) on Friday night at Silver Lake.
Other teams in the girls bracket are: No. 2 Oskaloosa (16-3), No. 3 K.C. Christian (11-8), No. 6 Wellsville (7-13) and No. 7 Rossville (6-13).
The boys tournament features: No. 2 Rossville (15-4), No. 3 Rock Creek (10-8), No. 6 Mission Valley (9-11) and No. 7 Wellsville (7-13).
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County