In our view: Involvement key with local issues
On Monday, the Tonganoxie School Board is set to decide whether to officially deny a new contract to Superintendent Richard Erickson, who has been at the post in Tonganoxie since 1996.
Judging by the number of letters to the editor and a political ad supporting Erickson, it seems possible that there will be many patrons at the meeting.
Regardless of one’s position, if people feel strongly about the issue, they should let the school board know of their thoughts. Whether that’s through a letter or a phone call, we encourage such dialogue. That’s easier said than done, especially if people are apprehensive about letting anyone know of their opinion. But members should listen objectively and proceed from there.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Applications avaialable for 2017-18 Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development class
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete