MHS girls roll, boys fall by 2
The McLouth High girls basketball team improved to 4-3 on the season with a 64-12 thumping of Wathena on Tuesday.
Junior guard Missy Rome scored 23 points for the Bulldogs, Terri Stewart had 10 and Kylie Shufflebarger finished with nine.
Wathena olny scored two points in the second half.
The McLouth boys, who led by five at the half and trailed by one point entering the fourth quarter Tuesday, were closer to a victory than they had been at any previous point this season, but fell at Wathena, 51-49.
Senior forward Derrick Crouse scored 18 points for MHS (0-7). Freshman forward Gavin Swearngin scored 13 and junior point guard Cole Batman had 10.
Score by quarters (boys)
McLouth 13 18 9 9 — 49
Wathena 13 13 15 10 — 51
Both Bulldog teams travel Friday to Leavenworth to play Immaculata. When the MHS boys played Immaculata in the Delaware Valley League Tournament earlier this season, McLouth lost, 59-51. The MHS girls have not yet played Immaculata.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row