Snow leaves area
Leavenworth County woke up to a snowy Friday, but the precipitation has ended with about an inch of snow.
Reports of fender-benders were common throughout the metro, including Leavenworth County, during the morning rush, and the Kansas Department of Transportation reported snow- and ice-packed roads throughout the area.
By noon, KDOT said snow on the roadways was starting to melt nicely with the increase in temperatures and occaisional sunshine. KDOT recommended drivers still use caution as they drive about today for occasional snowpacked spots.
KDOT said crews would continue to treat roads with sand/salt mixture and plow as needed throughout the rest of Friday afternoon.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie mural provides new attraction downtown
- Tonganoxie High schedule of events for state track
- 60 years strong: Tonganoxie physician marks milestone
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation