Kansas City, Kan., man killed in 24-40 wreck
A Kansas City, Kan., man died from injuries sustained in a Saturday morning crash on U.S. Highway 24-40 between Basehor and Tonganoxie.
Leodis Byers, 74, was driving about 11:30 a.m. west on U.S. 24-40 near 174th Street when he lost control of his vehicle and crossed the median and eastbound lanes of the divided highway before his vehicle rolled in a field south of the four-lane highway.
Byers was not wearing a seatbelt, KHP reports said. Byers was driving a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero.
More like this story
- Derby police to give school officers body cameras
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
- High number of rabies cases reported in Kansas
- Former Tonganoxie City Council member receives certificate for municipal courses