Our Community Cares is a local group helping our troops serving overseas. A group of volunteers will meet from 10-11 a.m. Saturday at the McLouth Community Center to pack boxes for mailing that morning. The goal is to have boxes delivered in time for Valentine’s Day.
If you have a family member or friend serving overseas and would like for them to receive a package, please bring your small items for packaging, as well as names and accurate military addresses. Postage is approximately $10 per box.
Some suggested items are: hard candy, beef jerky, chewing gum, individual drink mixes for bottled water, magazines of all kinds (especially local interest), homemade cookies (double-bagged in food storage bags), and disposable washcloths (moist towelettes).
Our Community Cares welcomes money donations for postage. Boxes and customs forms will be furnished. Volunteers will deliver the packed boxes to the post office.
• Community Praise Gathering will be held 6 p.m. Sunday at First Baptist Church of McLouth. Everyone is welcome to enjoy an evening of old-fashioned hymn singing, special music, sharing of testimonies and experiences, Christian fellowship and refreshments. McLouth Ministerial Alliance will receive a free will offering, which will be used to provide food and assistance to individuals and families.
• McLouth Public Library’s Book Discussion Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 26. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Suspect in custody after Kansas City killing spree that left five dead
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Tonganoxie man pleads no contest in case involving juvenile
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 15-18, 2016