Fire engulfs Leavenworth County home
Several fire agencies responded to a house fire about five miles southwest of Tonganoxie on Sunday night.
The house, located at 24900 Chieftain Road near Reno township in Leavenworth County, was fully engulfed in flames at about 10 p.m. on Sunday. It collapsed shortly thereafter. The Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office shut down part of U.S. Highway 24-40 as firefighters battled the blaze. Reno Township Fire Department was the lead fire agency. Douglas County Fire & Medical was later requested to assist with the fire.
Agencies requested Red Cross aid for residents of the home at 11:25 p.m. It is unclear if anybody was home or injured during the blaze.
No further information was available Sunday night. Check back to TonganoxieMirror.com for more information as it becomes available.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)