Tonganoxie boys beat De Soto in rematch
Three days removed from getting blasted by De Soto in its own tournament, the Tonganoxie High boys basketball team got some revenge on the road Tuesday night, defeating the Wildcats, 54-50.
The Chieftains initially looked like they might get walloped again as the Wildcats got out to a 15-point first-quarter lead. However, Tonganoxie cut the deficit to six after one quarter and entered halftime tied with De Soto.
A tight second half went in the favor of THS (7-4), which was led by junior forward Keaton Schaffer’s game-high 21 points. De Soto (8-4) was led by Jamel Townsend and Aaron Nutterfield, who each scored 12.
Tonganoxie plays its second of four straight road contests on Friday at Santa Fe Trail. The Wildcats travel to Baldwin on Friday.
Score by quarters
Tonganoxie 13 16 11 14 — 54
De Soto 19 10 10 11 — 50
Jeremy Carlisle 8, Rob Schlicht 2, Dylan Scates 2, Jamie Everett 4, Justin Jacobs 3, Austin Smith 5, Brandon Yoder 9, Keaton Schaffer 21
De Soto scoring
Brendon Hudson 5, Mason Wedel 2, Jamel Townsend 12, Dylan Burford 2, Paul Stallbaumer 2, Tommy Elmer 9, Brandan Philbrook 6, Aaron Nutterfield 12
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor