— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935
McLouth United Methodist Church is playing host to its 2009 Souper Bowl Drive. Each year at this time, the congregation engages in a little friendly competition to see which team will collect the most cans of soup. Head and assistant coaches are busy planning strategies and pep rallies to motivate their teams to sack those cans of soup and run them to church by Sunday, when the Souper Bowl Champion will be named. Last year, a record-breaking amount of 1,618 cans of soup were collected. This year, the soup will be distributed to various food banks in Jefferson County, as well as Amistad y Fe in east Topeka.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes