THS grapplers have successful summer trip
Four Tonganoxie High wrestlers traveled recently to the University of Nebraska-Kearney to attend the school’s summer wrestling camp.
At the UNK team camp, Chieftains Justin Crotty, Caleb Himpel, Zach Kaighin and Jeremie Maus teamed up with wrestlers from Northwest (Grand Island, Neb.) and finished fifth out of 21 squads.
Rising seniors Kaighin and Maus both went 7-2 in individual matches. Himpel finished with a 5-3 mark and Crotty was 4-5.
Himpel received the camp’s LTG — Legitimate Tough Guy — award, which goes to the wrestler who always hustles and competes as hard as he can.
Maus was chosen as his team’s MVP.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Hello to summer in Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation