A picnic and celebration of Independence Day was held Saturday at the home of Thamar Barnett. Attending were Steve, Gail, Adam and Josh Fitzwater of Shawnee; David and Jane Turner, Leavenworth; Jes Barnett and Tim Davis, Shawnee; Derek Barrett, Olathe; Jared Barnett, Topeka; Lucy and Marjorie Wotton, Kansas City, Mo.; Eric Barnett, McLouth; Kathy Stimac, Tonganoxie; Kipp Barnett, Winchester; Loren, Kirsten and Taylor Barnett, Lansing; Jesse Barnett, Lansing; and Maggie Hartshorn, Tonganoxie.
Up from Moran for the event were Paul, Lynn, Kody, Michelle and Isaac Heskett, along with Kody’s girlfriend, Julie Hartman, from Iola, as well as Julia and Shianne Carter. Also in attendance were Ron Mooberry and Dameta Tullis of McLouth, Rickey and Rhiannon Mooberry of Leavenworth and Madison Smith of Basehor.
The gathering also included a birthday celebration for Shianne Carter, who just turned 4. Festivities were well under way when they were interrupted by an emergency trip to the hospital for Thamar due to complications with her vision. She was returned home about 3 a.m. and is recuperating there in the care of her family. In spite of it all, everyone had a nice visit and tried to make the most of it.
More like this story
- McLouth High basketball teams open winter with new coaches
- Tonganoxie High girls soccer falls to Louisburg in season opener; other teams to start season next week
- Tonganoxie High sprinters 8th at Kansas Relays
- Tonganoxie High boys get 1st victory at home tournament
- Remember When: A Community Review for Dec. 14, 2016