Jan Nelson was in St. John Hospital with pneumonia and came home on June 24. Anabel Knapp called on her June 25. She is doing better now. Orie Nelson and son Rocky of Stanford, Va., traveled to Omaha, Neb., to tour a Jeep place. They arrived home on Friday. Mark White, a good friend of ours and Jan Nelson, is visiting the Nelsons.
LJ and Gertrude Chrisman hosted a late Father’s Day dinner on June 28 with LJ’s side of the family attending.
Randy and Amy Schwinn entertained on June 28 with a birthday luncheon for their daughter, Emma, who turned 6 on June 26. Enjoying the fun were her brothers Eli and Wyatt, grandparents, great grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins.
Pastor Bill Gritton of Springdale Friends Church and family have been on vacation the past two weeks. Filling the pulpit in his place were Katie Chepulis and Pastor Bill Nowlan.
Evelyn Schwinn and Virginia Meyer attended the 60th anniversary party at the Heritage Center in Leavenworth for Jim and May Thomas. They had been servers at the Thomas wedding and were pleased to be asked to do it again.
Our Springdale farmers are as busy as bees in the hay fields these past two weeks. It’s great “hay weather.”
Wayne and Anabel Knapp were visiting Anabel’s sister-in-law, Oona Woodhead, on June 23. She had knee surgery. She was getting along really well at Lawrence Memorial Hospital and came home on June 27.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council reflects on outgoing members' service
- Tonganoxie part of investigation in shooting death of KCK officer
- Honorary Tonganoxie Phil to be revealed at Groundhog Day ceremony Friday morning in downtown Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie Boy Scout provides lending library to downtown pocket park
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board