Left turn lane being added at I-70/K-7 interchange
Work has begun for the addition of a left turn lane from the Interstate 70 exit ramp onto southbound Kansas Highway 7 at the K-7/I-70 interchange in Bonner Springs.
The Kansas Department of Transportation said the $435,000 improvement project would include the addition of new traffic signals at the interchange. Crews will work daily, Monday through Friday, with varying hours, KDOT said. Some occasional weekend and overnight work will also occur.
Advance message boards will alert traffic to lane and ramp closures. At times, traffic impacts will affect northbound and southbound K-7, Canaan Drive, and/or the I-70/K-7 interchange ramps.
KDOT said lane and ramp closures would not occur during the 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 6p.m. peak commute times.
Drivers, however, should expect minor delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes during project-related closures, if possible. Updated daily lane and ramp closure information for this improvement project can be viewed online at:.ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp.
Mega Industries Corp. is the primary contractor on the project. Scheduled completion date for the entire project is mid-October.
More like this story
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- GOP senators vent frustrations at Brownback, but veto override unlikely
- Tonganoxie USD 464 superintendent's contract extended through 2017
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas secretary of state clerk sues over termination