Lawrence softball team holding tryouts
The Lawrence Hummers 16-and-under fastpitch softball team will be holding tryouts and accepting calls for private tryouts if those dates don't work.
The club hopes to form its new fall and 2010 summer team by July 31.
The Hummers played 16U-B this past season and would like to add some players who are committed to playing softball and working hard as a team with a goal of playing 16U-A next summer.
The team wants to play in a fall league and will practice indoors all winter, with plans to play in an indoor winter tournament.
Tryouts will be at Woody Park in Lawrence, next to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, from 5:30-7 p.m. on Monday, and at the same time on Tuesday.
Contact coach Brian Wagner at (785) 766-8881 or email@example.com with questions or the desire to schedule a private tryout time.
More like this story
- Eudora outlasts Tonganoxie girls with work on the glass
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Chieftains nab 1st victory in overtime fashion, place 4th at home invite
- Kansas fantasy writer's penchant for the unexpected appeals to international audiences