Tonganoxie advances to Post 23 League title game
With a 13-10 defeat of Easton on Sunday at Leavenworth, the Post 41 baseball team is in position to win its league tournament Monday night.
Tonganoxie upended the Post 23 League’s top seed to advance to the finals of the double-elimination tournament.
Post 41 (17-8) took a 4-0 lead in the first inning before Easton battled back with five runs. However, Tonganoxie poured on six runs in the fourth to take control of the game.
Jeremy Wagner started on the mound and threw three innings before Blaize Oelschlaeger, who pitched four innings the night before in an 8-6 win over Geiger, entered in relief.
Sitting at 2-0 in the league tournament, Tonganoxie will have to wait and see who will be next on the schedule. Originally scheduled to be played Monday night, the title game — against the winner of a Leavenworth Knights versus Easton contest that was halted in the fourth inning Monday — was moved to Tuesday night.
More like this story
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Group says youth drug overdoses up in Kansas
- Tonganoxie High standout Cook to run cross country, track at Baker University
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Gabe Belobrajdic