County Republicans to have town hall meeting Monday
The Leavenworth County Republican Party Central Committee will play host to a town hall meeting from 7-9 p.m. on Monday at the Lansing Community Center in Lansing.
The meeting is open to all Republicans and their guests. The town hall meetings serve as a forum to allow voters to speak to their elected officials (within the county) at all levels up to and including state officials of the Republican Party.
The guest speaker for August is Kris Kobach. He currently is a professor of law at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Law School and also has his own radio talk show. He is a candidate for the Kansas office of secretary of state for the upcoming 2010 election. The topic for the meeting is “The connection between voter fraud and illegal immigration.”
For additional information contact John Bradford at JBradford@kc.rr.com or (913) 683-0871.
More like this story
- Report: Kansas population increases by .3 percent to 2.9 million
- Leavenworth, Douglas county officials battle grass fires; Tonganoxie chief offers prevention tips
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas residents buy groceries out of state because of food tax, report concludes