Johnny and Jackie Schwinn entertained with a luncheon reception on Saturday for their daughter, Amy Jo, a recent graduate of Kansas State University. Friends and relatives attended.
On May 24, Randy and Amy Schwinn played host to a birthday party for their son, Elijah, who turned 8 years old on May 27. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins came to enjoy the lunch.
Emma Schwinn and Courtney Zule graduated from kindergarten at Pleasant Ridge Elementary School on May 27. A lunch followed at the Zule home.
Luke Cole was among the graduates of the D.A.R.E. program on May 26 at the Salt Creek School. He is in the fifth grade.
Elmer and Barbara Mires traveled to Sioux City, Iowa on May 23 to a wedding of Elmer’s sister’s grandson. There also was a family reunion on Elmer’s side. They returned home on May 25.
Kirk Knapp and Donna Klen hosted a birthday party for Austin Knapp, who turned 6, on May 24. Attending were Anabel Knapp, Donna’s daughter, Jo Donna, Ryan Tindle and friend Lauren and Donna’s father.
Wayne and Anabel Knapp had a pleasant surprise on Monday afternoon, May 25, when Evelyn King, a neighbor of theirs years ago, visited. Her daughter Sharon and her husband are staying with Evelyn for awhile. She had a flare up with her heart and was in the hospital for several days.
More like this story
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday