Emergency crews remove bottle of blue liquid from Eudora mailbox
Emergency crews responded Thursday afternoon to a possible hazardous materials call in Eudora.
Police Chief Greg Dahlem said officials believe a plastic Dr Pepper bottle filled with a blue liquid — possibly antifreeze — was placed in the mailbox at 14th and Fir streets. The mailbox was at the street, rather than on the home.
Officials removed the bottle from the mailbox and sealed it in a five-gallon container. As of 3:10 p.m., they had done nothing further with the bottle.
Check back to LJWorld.com for updates.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie superintendent pleads not guilty to alleged failure to report sex abuse at former school
- Topeka bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $100K
- Trial begins in robbery shooting of Wyandotte County deputy
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children
- Tonganoxie man to appear in court Monday following alleged stabbing