Swine flu confirmed in Leavenworth County child
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment announced Thursday morning confirmation of the first swine flu case in Leavenworth County.
KDHE said the case involved a child but offered no other information.
So far, there have been 94 other confirmed cases in Kansas:
• Dickinson County – Two cases involving adults.
• Douglas County – One case involving an adult.
• Ford County – One case involving a child.
• Geary County – 25 cases involving nine adults and 16 children.
• Gove County – One case involving an adult.
• Johnson County – 11 cases involving four adults and seven children.
• Morton County – Two cases involving adults.
• Ottawa County – One case involving a child.
• Reno County – One case involving an adult.
• Riley County – 23 cases involving 15 adults and eight children.
• Saline County – Eight cases involving one adult and seven children.
• Sedgwick County – Three cases involving children.
• Wyandotte County – 15 cases total involving two adults and 13 children.
KDHE has established a phone number for Kansans to call with questions about the virus. The toll-free number is 877-427-7317.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council
- Knights of Columbus free-throw contest is this weekend
- 15 things you might not know about Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Tonganoxie business makes mark on Manhattan with condos and now Bluemont Hotel