First H1N1 flu case in Leavenworth County confirmed as Tonganoxie youth
The first confirmed H1N1 flu case in Leavenworth County involves a Tonganoxie youth.
The youth is a student in the Tonganoxie School District, assistant superintendent Kyle Hayden said in an email.
On Thursday, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment announced confirmation of the first confirmed case in Leavenworth County involved a child, but gave no other information. There have been 96 confirmed cases of H1N1 flu in Kansas, 57 of which involve children, according to KDHE statistics.
For more on this story, check back to The Mirror's Web site.
More like this story
- Antique engine event May 30 at Tonganoxie Community Historic Site
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kris Roberts
- State basketball wraps up during weekend
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Tonganoxie Elementary School student to present TES history at historical society meeting