Himpel makes KVL first team
For the second straight season, Tonganoxie High’s Lauren Himpel made the Kaw Valley League first team.
After being voted one of the league’s top players as a junior last year, Himpel, the Chieftains’ center fielder, received the honor once more as a senior.
THS sophomore shortstop Kaitlyn Wolken was named to the KVL second team. Junior catcher Alisha Barnes received honorable mention.
More like this story
- Kansas project to focus on lesser known historical figures
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Frese: Push for Tonganoxie Public Libary expansion starts with Saturday run
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event