Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties under tornado watch
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill, Mo., issued a tornado watch just after 3 p.m. Wednesday for Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties effective until 10 p.m.
Several north central and northeast Kansas counties are under tornado watches. And, four counties near or along the state's northern border, Atchison, Brown, Nemaha and Marshall, were under tornado warnings Wednesday afternoon.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie youths gearing up for 'Midsummer Night's Dream' productions Friday and Saturday
- University of Saint Mary to present 'Babes in Toyland'
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Tonganoxie High School presenting 'Charlie Brown' musical
- Tonganoxie Community Band to have practices next 2 weeks