Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties under tornado watch
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill, Mo., issued a tornado watch just after 3 p.m. Wednesday for Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties effective until 10 p.m.
Several north central and northeast Kansas counties are under tornado watches. And, four counties near or along the state's northern border, Atchison, Brown, Nemaha and Marshall, were under tornado warnings Wednesday afternoon.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues